When it comes to building business intelligence solutions, you won’t find a company with more experience than Southport. Since 2005, we have delivered over 450 MicroStrategy projects to over 500,000 end-users representing companies from every industry vertical. As a preferred MicroStrategy partner, all of our consultants are vendor-certified by MicroStrategy and our expertise enables us to deliver more complete solutions faster, cheaper and with less risk than you will find anywhere in the market. We also provide complete data integration, data warehousing, and data migration services.
Founded in 2005
- Headquartered in the Washington, D.C., Area with a Regional Office in Phoenix, AZ and a Global Delivery Center in Mexico City, Mexico
- National Presence and International Reach
- Certified MicroStrategy partner
- Technical Excellence: Vendor-Certified in the Technologies We Deliver, including MicroStrategy and Informatica; Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Past Recipient of MicroStrategy’s Top Reseller of the Year Award
- Recognized as a Top 100 Small Business in Virginia
- American Business Awards Finalist – Best New Company
BI Solution Architect
We are seeking an experienced business intelligence consultant with hands-on experience in the complete MicroStrategy product suite. Please note this is a full-time employment position and in the Ashburn, VA area.
In this role, you will have daily interaction with client and consulting peers as you lead business intelligence projects through the entire project lifecycle, from requirements through deployment and adoption.
Qualified candidates will have 6 or more years of experience developing business intelligence solutions using the MicroStrategy product suite. Experience with a top-tier consulting firm, related MicroStrategy certification and a proven track record of successful delivery are desired. Candidate must be an expert problem solver and have the ability to work with client management and peers in a team and deadline-based environment. This is a hands-on consulting delivery role.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain senior-level client relationships
- Mastery of consulting skills including analytical thinking, problem solving and project management
- Ability to interact with business users to gather and understand business and functional requirements
- Significant experience leading development projects, ideally in MicroStrategy or other business intelligence software with proficiency in planning and managing activities of multiple consulting teams’ functional design and development tasks and productivity
- Strong project management skills including management of scope, schedule, budget, issue and risks identification and remediation
- Experience with various SDLC processes and deliverables regarding requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and post production support
- Comprehensive knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence technologies required
- Knowledge of advanced data modeling techniques, extract, transform and load (ETL) processes
- and technologies, and significant experience and certification with a top-tier business intelligence product required
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor employees
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Math, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field MicroStrategy certification a plus