When it comes to building business intelligence solutions, you won’t find a company with more experience than Southport. Since 2005, we have delivered over 450 MicroStrategy projects to over 500,000 end-users representing companies from every industry vertical. As a preferred MicroStrategy partner, all of our consultants are vendor-certified by MicroStrategy and our expertise enables us to deliver more complete solutions faster, cheaper and with less risk than you will find anywhere in the market. We also provide complete data integration, data warehousing, and data migration services.
Founded in 2005
We are seeking a Big Data Solutions Consultant for our BIG/FAST DATA implementation engagements. Qualified candidates will have experience in designing and delivering data integration and job flows solutions leveraging the Hadoop eco-system components while onsite at client locations.
Please note this is a full time employment position.
In this role, you will be expected to lead solution design and delivery of Big Data engagements with our client base. The role will require formal design cycle leadership and use-case elaboration in and around the use of various core Hadoop technologies and layers to solve problems in a way that aligns to our client’s goals and constraints.
Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years of experience using Hadoop to deliver Big Data solutions as well as debug existing Big Data solutions and suggest refactoring or reconfiguration of those solutions when needed. The candidate is expected to travel to the client site on a regular basis over the course of the engagements. Experience with top-tier consulting firms or associated vendors is a plus. The candidate must be an expert problem solver and have the ability to work with client management and peers in a team and deadline-based environment. This is a hands-on consulting delivery role.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain senior-level client relationships.
• Mastery of consulting skills including analytical thinking, problem solving and project management
• Ability to work in an Agile environment and follow an architectural plan.
• Ability to interact with business users to gather and understand business and functional requirements.
• Significant experience leading development projects, ideally in java based mid tier solution environments with proficiency in Unix and ability to problem solve in multiple tier environments
• Strong project management skills including management of scope, schedule, budget, issue and risks identification and remediation
• Experience with various SDLC processes and deliverables regarding requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and post production support
• Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence technologies is a requirement
• Knowledge of technology and data modeling techniques and processes is a requirement
• Demonstrated ability to coach or mentor employees
• Strong experience at the command line level of the following tools:
• JAVA or SCALA
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Math, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related fields