When it comes to building business intelligence solutions, you won’t find a company with more experience than Southport. Since 2005, we have delivered over 450 MicroStrategy projects to over 500,000 end-users representing companies from every industry vertical. As a preferred MicroStrategy partner, all of our consultants are vendor-certified by MicroStrategy and our expertise enables us to deliver more complete solutions faster, cheaper and with less risk than you will find anywhere in the market. We also provide complete data integration, data warehousing, and data migration services.
Founded in 2005
We are seeking self-motivated highly technical java developer, commonly exposed to working in a leading edge java based framework enabled environment. The successful candidate will not need to learn MAVEN, JIRA, GIT, IntelliJ or Eclipse because you have been using them for years already building open source frameworks and applications or leveraging such frameworks to build products. This is your opportunity to transition from team engineering on mid-tier frameworks and applications to guided consulting in the field of BIG/FAST DATA implementations. Qualified candidates will see this opportunity as their stepping stone to becoming expert in the field of Hadoop related architectures and technologies for some of the most successful companies across the country.
Please note these are full-time employment positions.
In this role, you will be expected to achieve expert status as a Big Data/Hadoop engineer or architect and having daily interaction with clients and consulting peers as you lead business intelligence projects through the entire project lifecycle, from requirements through deployment and adoption with regard to Big Data initiatives.
Qualified candidates will have 6 or more years experience developing java based mid-tier solutions as a consultant or on an internal product development team that may or may not be related directly to Hadoop. Your ability to transition from back-end engineer to front and center stage consultant is key to your success in this new role. We will bring you up to speed on the relevant technologies, but you alone must bring the drive and ability to consume and use what you have learned to transform our clients. Experience with top-tier consulting firms is a plus. Candidate must be an expert problem solver and have the ability to work with client management and peers in a team and deadline-based environment. This is a hands-on consulting delivery role.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain senior-level client relationships.
• Ability to master consulting skills including analytical thinking, problem solving, project management and client presentations.
• Ability to work in an Agile environment and follow an architectural plan through completion and delivery.
• Ability to interact with business users to gather and understand business and functional requirements.
• Significant experience leading development projects, ideally in in java based mid tier solutions with proficiency in Unix and ability to problem solve in multiple tier environments.
• Strong project management skills including management of scope, schedule, budget, issue and risks identification and remediation.
• Experience with various SDLC processes and deliverables regarding requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and post production support
• Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence technologies a plus
• Knowledge of technology and data modeling techniques and processes is a must have for this position
• Demonstrated ability to coach or mentor employees and be able to consume and grow through coaching from leadership
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Math, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related fields