When it comes to building business intelligence solutions, you won’t find a company with more experience than Southport. Since 2005, we have delivered over 450 MicroStrategy projects to over 500,000 end-users representing companies from every industry vertical. As a preferred MicroStrategy partner, all of our consultants are vendor-certified by MicroStrategy and our expertise enables us to deliver more complete solutions faster, cheaper and with less risk than you will find anywhere in the market. We also provide complete data integration, data warehousing, and data migration services.
Founded in 2005
- Headquartered in the Washington, D.C., Area with a Regional Office in Phoenix, AZ and a Global Delivery Center in Mexico City, Mexico
- National Presence and International Reach
- Certified MicroStrategy partner
- Technical Excellence: Vendor-Certified in the Technologies We Deliver, including MicroStrategy and Informatica; Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Past Recipient of MicroStrategy’s Top Reseller of the Year Award
- Recognized as a Top 100 Small Business in Virginia
- American Business Awards Finalist – Best New Company
We are seeking an experienced MicroStrategy Consultant in the Ashburn, VA area with hands-on experience in the complete MicroStrategy product suite. In this role, you will have daily interaction with client and consulting peers as you lead projects through the entire project lifecycle, from requirements through deployment and adoption.
Qualified candidates will have 4 or more years of experience developing and implementing solutions using the MicroStrategy product suite. Experience with a top-tier consulting firm, related MicroStrategy certification and a proven track record of successful delivery are desired. Candidate must be an expert problem solver and have the ability to work with client management and peers in a team and deadline-based environment. This is a hands-on consulting delivery role.
Please note this is a full-time position; we are not looking for contractors or corp-to-corp candidates.
- Leads activities to gather, analyze and document project functional requirements
- Serves as liaison between business stakeholders and technical project team members to translate functional requirements into technical requirements, including reports, data quality, data security, metadata, performance and data presentation
- Facilitates the identification and documentation of report layouts, data source mapping, and metadata definition
- Supports development and validation of conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Helps validate that solutions meet requirements and service/quality level agreements
- Develops and manages reports using the MicroStrategy business intelligence product suite
- Communicates progress and issues to management
- Conducts knowledge transfer to business and technical staffs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to interact with business users to gather functional requirements
- Experience developing and implementing projects using MicroStrategy from a technical design
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals including logical and physical database design principles and procedures, with specific emphasis on how database design interacts with MicroStrategy SQL Engine
- Experience developing complex Schema and Application objects to support reporting requirements
- Experience developing complex reports and dashboards
- Experience with ETL concepts and ability to interact with ETL development team to provide input into design
- Strong troubleshooting and issue resolution skills
- Experience tuning MicroStrategy reports for performance
- Experience working in a structured, multi-person development environment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Math, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field
- MicroStrategy 9.x or higher certification a plus